Female Personal Assistant - LC/LK/Cornwall
||36 hours per week (shared between 2 PA's)
||Friday 29th September 2017
2 female PA's are required to support our client with social, education and leisure activities, whilst ensuring all health needs are met.
Due to the variable nature of the employer's health specific support needs can change. After a prolonged period of exceptional ill health the employer needs assistance and support to regain confidence and independence whilst pursuing both on-going and new interests/social activities.
- Acting as a driver/escort to meetings, appointments and recreational visits.
- Companionship and assistance with occasional "fun" shopping trips.
- Accompanying on walks to help improve stamina and maintain fitness.
- Occasional accompaniment within the leisure centre to provide encouragement with exercise program. (N.B. employee to offer support not actively participate).
- Shopping/ or help with shopping.
- Running errands, collecting and carrying things on employer's behalf.
These duties may vary from day to day. Any other reasonable duties that may be necessary too.
- Occasionally assistance may be required with domestic duties within the home.
- Employer has previously required use of a wheelchair on a short-term basis. During such times the personal assistant would need to be confident with using the wheelchair
- An understanding of social care
- Patience and good communication skills.
- Physically fit and healthy to be able to adequately assist employer.
- Worker must have a vehicle to enable travel whilst at work to take me to appointments, shopping etc
- Full clean driving licence with appropriate business insurance which will be checked
- Non smokers only can apply for this position as smoking is detrimental to my health.
- Experience in this type of work is preferred but not essential, more important is an individual's suitability and personal attributes. Confidentially, honesty and reliability are essential. Enhanced DBS Check
- Full Driving Licence
- Use of Own Car
- Legally Able To Work in UK
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.