Female Personal Care Assistant - CK/HR
||Thursday 28th September 2017
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is to support a couple who both have disabilities that affect their mobility. They both need assistance with some aspects of daily living.
As their personal assistant your job will be to provide the personal and domestic assistance they will require to enable them to live the way they choose too.
The following hours will be split between two PAs roughly 16 hours each
Friday 10-1 and 2-5:30
These hours are approximate and may vary.
- Be available whilst we undertake our personal care in case we need a hand or assistance after a fall
- Undertaking preparation and cooking of meals and drinks or assisting us to do so.
- Setting up cooking materials for us to use.
- Washing/drying up
- Shopping and/or assisting us with shopping
- Running errands, collecting and carrying things on our behalf
- Changing beds
- Undertaking household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, hoovering, dusting and general household cleaning
- Help us to maintain our home such as; changing light bulbs, tightening screws or similar activities.
- Light gardening duties.
- Lending an arm for assistance when we are out and about.
- When out together the client will use a wheelchair and partner will push
- Assisting us in and out of your car. Driving and escorting us to meetings and social activities,
- Assisting at the gym and hydrotherapy
- Friendly, reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to accept responsibility
- Willing to learn
- Open to discussion and change
- Sense of humour
- Caring nature
- Respect our privacy and have a understanding of the need for confidentiality in all aspect of their work.
- Hygiene is important, due to our disabilities
- A full driving licence with no endorsements and will require business insurance. Be able to fit a folding wheelchair in your car. This is essential
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.