Qualified Female Health Care Assistant /Carer - FC/LK
||Upto 40 hours a week, various shifts and hours available
||£8 to £15 per hour dependant on experience and qualifications
||Thursday 28th September 2017
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a job where no two days are the same, working directly for a fun loving family.
- This is a role, caring for a young person with complex education, health and care needs
- You will be required to provide care and support.
- Carrying out Personal Care tasks.
- Gastrostomy feeds and care.
- General ileostomy care.
- Oral Suction.
- Nasal pharyngeal airway (NPA) Suctioning.
- Ability to use a suction machine essential, refresher training can be provided.
- Able to assist with moving and handing (use overhead Hoisting).
- To support with physiotherapy exercises.
- To work with Mum and take lead on occasions – especially when choking occurs.
- First Aid.
- Support with attending appointments, driving will be required therefore clean driving license essential.
- Support with technology ie ipad/laptop.
- Support service user with electric wheelchair.
Full/refresher training may be offered to the successful applicant.
- Ability to work independently and be adaptable when required.
- To be flexible, take on various roles of support as required.
- Sense of humour, fun loving with an ability to work in relaxed environment.
- Non-smoker – essential.
- Responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- The role involves standing for long periods, pushing wheelchair, supporting with transfers, carrying bags for suction and oxygen.
- Confidence in working with disabled people.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Respect our families right to confidentiality and privacy and discretion at all times.
- To understand that our dignity and independence are important.
- To have an understanding of the stresses and strains involved for the family.
- Be willing to learn and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- An interest in music, creative person or like being outside would be an advantage.
Start date: ASAP
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check – cost to be met by the employer
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacanacy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opporutnity to work directly for one of our customers.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.