About the Move Programme
What is the Move Programme and how can it support you to gain functional mobility?
The Move Programme from Enham Trust is a philosophy, a way of life for disabled children, and disabled people with complex needs; providing the personalised care and support they need to gain functional mobility, and increased independence.
Put simply, the Move Programme from Enham Trust is a practice put in place so disabled children and disabled people with complex needs are supported to gain the physical and communication skills they need in order to:
- SIT to eat, participate in activities, education and eventual employment;
- STAND to increase strength, mobility and flexibility;
- WALK to participate in play or complete tasks, with and without support;
- TRANSITION from bed to chair or sitting to standing.
Integrated, collaborative care and support for disabled children and disabled people with complex needs
An integrated, collaborative approach to care and support for disabled people; The Move Programme from Enham Trust offers a programme of learning whilst increasing functional mobility and independance through personalised care and support, positively enhancing the lives of disabled children and disabled people with complex needs.
With the support of everyone involved – from teachers and therapists, to family and friends – we at the Move Programme from Enham Trust believe that by bringing everyone’s expertise together, we can enable disabled people to achieve their goals; not only improving their physical and communication skills, but also their independence, social skills, and overall quality of life.
To date, we’re proud to have supported over 4,000 disabled children and disabled people with complex needs in their journey to independence. Even when our clients felt they would never be able to make progress, we’ve been able to significantly improve their functional mobility.
Working with over 230 schools, adult centres, hospitals, and child development centres across the world, we’ve been able to achieve an incredible 90% success rate for our clients; improving their functional mobility and quality of life.
Translating new-found skills into the everyday lives of disabled people
Here at the Move Programme from Enham Trust, we understand the importance of translating new-found skills into everyday life; putting into practical use everything our clients learn with us to improve their independence for life.
We care passionately about our clients, their families, and everyone who collaborates with us, and we believe that all disabled people have the potential to live independently, no matter what their needs.
- To achieve this, we have several clear objectives which feed into our everyday work. These are:
- To ensure that every one of our clients maximises their potential
- To realistically raise the expectations of everyone around our clients
- To ensure we are always person-centred
- To develop and support a sustainable service delivery system of Move Practitioners, Trainers, and Consultants
- To develop a sustainable regional system of service delivery through Centres of Excellence and Quality Marks
Are you a parent, teacher, therapist, carer or teaching assistant? Find out how to get involved with the Move Programme.
Move Quality Marks
Have you thought about taking the next step in your Move Journey and achieving Move Quality Mark Status?