What is the Disability Confident scheme?
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
The 3 levels are designed to support you on your Disability Confident journey:
- Committed (level 1)
- Employer (level 2)
- Leader (level 3)
The scheme helps employers think differently about disability, and improve how they attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. It doesn’t matter whether your business is small or large, everyone can become part of the scheme.
Supporting you to become Disability Confident
Enham Trust is a Disability Confident Leader, with almost 100 years’ experience in supporting disabled people to develop the skills and experience they need to work.
Our specialist advisors can support your business through each stage of your Disability Confident journey.
Why become Disability Confident?
- Be part of a nationally recognised Government scheme
- Positively change behaviour and culture within your business
- Increase the number of quality applicants applying for your vacancies
- Retain loyal and skilled employees, reducing your recruitment costs
- Bring additional skills to your business – for example British Sign Language (BSL)
- Increase your customer relationships - showing your commitment to equality in the workplace
How we can support you
We recognise that each employer has different aspirations and face different challenges. We can provide you with a bespoke consultancy service, where our advisors will develop a tailored package based on your organisation, workforce, services and requirements.
We will work with you and your staff to:
- Increase understanding and challenge attitudes towards disability
- Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in your workplace
- Ensure that disabled people in your workplace have the opportunity to fulfil their potential
If you would like to find out more, and start your journey to become Disability Confident, please contact us using the button below.
Move Charity Spring Walk
26th April 2018 - Enjoy the glorious Hampshire Countryside,with the Friends of Hampshire charity spring walk, in aid of The Move Programme.
South American Extravaganza Night
27th April 2018 - The Enham Trust Café will be hosting a South American Extravaganza on Friday 27th April, starting at 7.30pm to support our very own Matt with his fundraising towards his Amazon Jungle Survivor Challenge.
Charity Skydive 2018
Saturday 2nd June/ Saturday 1st September - Do you fancy the challenge of a lifetime? How about throwing yourself out of a plane at 15,000 feet? Just imagine how that would feel, it’s a challenge for both your body and mind. Have you got what it takes?
Andover Trail Marathon
2nd September 2018 - After the success of the first event in 2016, and again in 2017, the Andover Trail Marathon and Half Marathon are taking place on September 2nd 2018 for the third time running.
Walk The Test Way
14th October 2018 - Following on from the success of last year’s Walk the Test Way, we are pleased to announce that The Rotary Club of Romsey Test are set to hold this annual event again in 2018!